Campus Administrative Systems
This category includes IT systems that support the administrative functions of the campus, such as the human resources and finance systems; event management; document sharing, and IT application and database services. For quick access to most administrative systems, including HR Direct, Finance, BuyWays, Summit, Student Administration, and WebNow, go to the Connect To page hosted by the President's Office.
On this page
- Financial Applications
- Human Resources Applications
- Document Imaging
- WISER (Student Administration)
- Event Management
- Xythos File Sharing
- Service Now
Try these steps before contacting the IT Service Desk.
- Clear your web browser's history (including cookies and cached pages)
- Try an alternate web browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer)
- Try restarting the computer
- If using Internet Explorer 11, enable IE 10 compatibility view
The University uses the PeopleSoft Finance System to manage financial transaction entry and reporting in one unified system, including general ledger, budgeting, asset management, and grant management. UMass BuyWays integrates with PeopleSoft Finance as an online catalog and ordering system. Summit integrates with PeopleSoft Finance to provide a full range of reporting and analysis tools, from interactive dashboards to ad hoc reports.
- BuyWays Login
- BuyWays Help
- BuyWays FAQ
- Summit Login
- Finance Login
- Finance Help
- Access forms are available from the Controller's Office
- Data Compliance Form
- ECRT Login (Effort Certification and Reporting Technology)
HR Direct is used to manage and process human resource data from employees to managers to persons of interest. Summit integrates with HR Direct to provide a full range of reporting and analysis tools, from interactive dashboards to ad hoc reports.
- Log in to HRDirect via the Human Resources page
- Summit Login
- How to View Your W-2/W-2C Forms [PDF]
- How to view a Paycheck in HR Direct [PDF]
ImageNow and WebNow are used to scan or import documents electronically into a content management system with business workflows. This system allows efficient indexing of unstructured data to quickly process information at hand. This system ensures compliance and easy retrieval for vital university information.
- Log in to WebNow via umb.edu/WebNow
- WebNow Help
- Please use Internet Explorer or Safari to access WebNow. Firefox, Chrome and Edge no longer support Java and WebNow.
- Document Imaging Help
WISER (Web Information Systems for Everyone Remix) hosts student-related information, such as courses, grades, and financial information. This web-based system provides administrative management for academic offices as well as self-service features for students and faculty.
- Log in to WISER via wiser.umb.edu
25Live is a comprehensive event management system acquired from CollegeNET, Inc. (UMass Amherst, Dartmouth and Lowell also use 25Live, as do over 1300 other institutions.) It maintains information on all events occurring on-campus (and off-) of interest to the campus community. In addition to centralizing this information, it manages the use of locations (all indoor and outdoor spaces) and resources (all staff, equipment and services) in support of events.
ServiceNow is the service management platform used by the IT Service Desk to track IT-related incidents and requests reported by UMass Boston faculty, staff, and students. Access to ServiceNow is currently only available to IT staff.