OneDrive is a service to store your files securely and collaborate with your colleagues and students.
Store your files in the "cloud" offered for free to all students, faculty, and staff on campus. Think of it as an internet-connected hard drive, equipped with features to “sync” your files to your computer, share files with others, and several other benefits included.
Log in with your full UMass Boston email address and email password.
What can I do with OneDrive?
- Store files securely: OneDrive stores your files in with a FERPA-compliant level of security. Google Drive and Dropbox don't!
- Edit docs with Office Online: Edit your Office files right in the browser with web-based versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Don't fear the files: OneDrive has a great version history feature to let you roll back to previous versions of your files, or recover deleted files for 90 days.
- Collaborate with others: Share files and folders with others, with detailed permission controls including read-only, edit access, no-delete, and more.
- Sync files to your hard drive: Get the OneDrive apps for Windows, Mac, or phone to access your OneDrive files right on your hard drive.
- Look for the "nine dots": Access OneDrive from within webmail by looking for the "nine dots" app switcher icon in the top left corner.
We have lots of how-to articles about this service to help you learn more about Microsoft OneDrive.
OneDrive Support and Training
Got a question about OneDrive? Contact the IT Service Desk and we can help!
Or, need more involved OneDrive help? Our Microsoft specialist is available Mondays and Wednesdays for scheduled consultations on OneDrive. Bookings should be made twenty-four hours in advance of your desired meeting time.